November 2021 Newsletter
12 MONTHS: 104.2%
To view this email in PDF, click here
The Portal Digital Fund (the “Fund”) is an actively managed Global Fund of Hedge Funds focused on the digital currency investment space. The Fund seeks to achieve medium to long-term growth through investing in a diversified portfolio of 8-10 specialist fund managers running uncorrelated digital currency trading strategies. The Fund is focused on absolute returns and expects to generate substantial outperformance with lower volatility versus the CCI 30 Index, the benchmark for digital currencies. The Fund’s targeted returns are 25% p.a. over a rolling 5-year period net of fees
- Uncorrelated to global equity, currency and debt markets.
- Access to best-in-class global fund managers specialising in digital currency-related strategies
- A rigorous and repeatable due diligence process.
- Absolute return investment objective with managed volatility, seeking consistent incremental growth in capital.
- A robust risk-management approach, with an unrelenting focus on capital preservation.
- High liquidity and low exposure to systematic market risk.
- Targeted volagtility of 15%-17% p.a. with a targeted return of 25% p.a. net of fees.
Our core thesis is predicated on our firm belief that ‘everything is about to change’ as digital assets
become the fourth superclass of assets. As the digital currency market formalises and becomes
regulated, it continues to represent a new frontier for accredited investors to seek superior riskadjusted returns that are uncorrelated with traditional equity and debt markets. These markets are
inefficient and represent substantial sources of alpha for skilled investment managers.
Our experienced team brings an institutional-grade investment approach combining both
quantitative and qualitative investment analysis with prudent portfolio construction to provide
access to this unchartered space. We aim to consistently deliver positive performance with reduced
volatility via uncorrelated strategies that achieve upside as the sector grows and which preserve
capital in down-markets via diversification across differing systematic trading strategies.